April 27, 2019

Nailsea United 0 Worle 3

It was a very windy Grove that saw United’s penultimate game of the season when Worle were the visitors. Worle had the strong wing in their backs as they kicked off.

The game saw a disastrous start for Nailsea with Worle being awarded a corner from the right in the first minute which somehow saw the ball creep into the United net by the near post. Worle found themselves two up in the next minute when Luis Parnham was robbed on the edge of the penalty box allowing the visitors to slot home their second goal.

After a blistering start by the visitors the game settled down with the play more even. However, the contest was effectively over after 20 minutes when the lively Worle side split open the United defence to slide home goal number three. Nailsea immediately counter attacked but Ben Pinkney shot straight at the keeper from a good position.

On the half an hour mark Ben Barrett created a half chance but the Worle keeper saved with his legs. On 44 minutes Ed Starzak was forced to leave the field after a heavy collision with keeper Rob Brown. Henry Williams took his place.

Half Time Nailsea United 0 Worle 3.

It was a long way back from the first two minutes for the home side against a Worle side that were strong and competitive in all areas. With the wind in their favour things should get easier in the second half for the young Nailsea outfit.

Nailsea needed a goal quickly and should have scored within one minute of the restart with a move down the left which saw the ball roll across the Worle goal area but no Nailsea player could get the touch required to open their account.

Nailsea were having more of the game but were dealt another blow when Ben Barrett was forced to leave the field on 50 minutes with Nathan Hall being the replacement. United were restricted to dead ball situations with Matt Thomas firing just wide from free kick on 70 minutes. A timely goal line clearance on 75 minutes by Jamie Whitfield kept the score unchanged.

No further goals were scored with Rob Brown making several interceptions as the Worle attack bore down on the home goal.

Final Score. Nailsea United 0  Worle 3

Perhaps without the two goals in the opening two minutes the game may have been tighter but ultimately Worle were too strong for the inexperienced United side that will only learn from this experience.

The last game for United will be on Saturday May 11th when Ilminster Town are the visitors with a 3.00 pm start. In the meantime the Reserves have two games at The Grove playing hosts to Yatton & Cleeve on Saturday May 4th then on Bank Holiday Monday May 6th they entertain Congresbury. Both games with a 3.00pm start.